Horse Master Review

Today's class had us testing a few different games. I personally chose 'Horse Master'.

Reaction
Honestly, I didn't mind the game to much. The opening text seemed a bit confusing at first, but once you get past buying your horse, the game's pretty easy afterwards. Basically it's a game about caring for a horse well enough to be judged on how worthy you are of being called a 'Horse Master'. If you balance your care well enough, you can easily win. Pretty easy game if you ask me.

Connections
As for 'connecting' with story elements, there's a few for me. Being an animal type of person, I know caring for them isn't easy, thus, a balance needs to be put in place. I could easily connect to making desicions about care and when to preform a certain task this way. This also leads into me connecting with wanting a high score. If I can balance things right and with quick, easy timing, there's a chance my score will be high and I can feel like I did good at something. with this in mind, the game  gave me a 9.0. Not bad.

Changes
I'm not sure if I'd change this story in anyway. However, since being asked, I wouldn't mind seeing more visual pictures, or even a bigger challenge to horse care, other than eviction. Maybe have your horse get sick and take it to a hospital or deal with some sort of injury that can be fixed. Other than that, I don't really see a need to change this game. It's just a nice 'choose your own adventure' game to help pass the time.

Thank you all for reading.

Comments